M7 Group, owned by Canal+, is a major European pay-tv operator offering language-specific packages to over three million subscribers in eight countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and Hungary. M7 Group is nestled in Luxembourg, building upon its long tradition of operating radio and TV services for pan-European audiences. M7 Group enjoys a sound financial performance, benefiting from using central operations and building its business upon one generic platform for all its pay-tv operations, providing M7 Group with strong capabilities to grow its business.
The rapid growth of M7 Group was driven by successfully converting millions of free-TV viewers into recurring pay-tv subscribers in only a few years’ time. The model provides subscribers with an attractive range of additional TV services at a highly competitive market price. The hybrid TV offering includes key channels as well as film and sports content in state-of–the-art HD quality and innovative interactive services such as restart, replay and on demand TV viewing.
Having started as a satellite TV operator, M7 has now become a platform agnostic TV provider, adding IPTV, DTT and OTT capabilities where that best fits the preferred local way of TV consumption.
The Operations Centre is at the heart of what we do – all services will be monitored and coordinated from here. This includes our European data and video distribution backbone, the content feeds from the program providers, the encryption systems, the datacenters, the transmission to the satellite, the video streaming platforms, in other words – everything needed to provide a seamless TV experience to our customers.
As a software and technical support engineer, you are a key player in our broadcast ecosystem who coordinates operational effort but also shows interest in high-level technologies. You are part of a team responsible for the video distribution backbone, the content feeds from the program providers, the encryption systems, the datacentres, the transmission to satellites, the video streaming platforms, to name a few. You will be working with many internal teams.
You are responsible for administrating production databases, maintaining and developing operational intranet websites and operational tools.
You have an important and broad responsibility in ensuring availability and good functioning of operational environment.
You are able to handle work both independently and also collaborate in a team environment.
As software and technical support engineer, you will:
• Work very closely with other members in the technical and operational teams across the business to ensure we can offer the highest quality for our services;
• Administer M7 databases hosting M7 brands TV line-ups, EPG data and contact details;
• Administer and develop operational support websites;
• Maintain existing operational tools: notification tool, proprietary (FST) tables extract, TV line-ups reports;
• Develop and maintain cloud-based apps developed internally or by 3rd parties;
• Develop new tools and software for the need of the operations;
• Look for improvements on how we can always provide a better service tool wise or process wise;
• Measure performance of the developed applications through defined KPIs.
• You have a passion for excellence in service delivery with a strong affinity for broadcast services and technology;
• You are fluent in English which is the main language in our business;
• You have experience in database administration (MYSQL);
• You master SQL language;
• You are used to develop under Linux and Windows OS;
• You have software development skills in PHP and C;
• You have a good knowledge of DVB system specifications;
• You have experience in managing software projects with external vendors;
• You are customer driven;
• Bachelor level in software development;
• You are self-sufficient, organized and team work oriented;
• You pay great attention to details and are very accurate;
• You have a positive and proactive attitude.
We offer competitive packages with great development opportunities in either Service Delivery or Technology.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org